Foster Parents - FOSTER PPCH
Parker Personal Care Homes is looking for individuals and families who are passionate about caring for children and who desire to make a positive impact on the life of a child. Hundreds of children in the state of Colorado are in need of loving, nurturing foster parents while they are out of the care of their biological family. If you have space in your heart and space in your home, please contact us today!
Characteristics of a foster parent:
- Has a sense of humor
- Is able to be flexible
- Is able to be a team player
- Has a willingness to learn
- Can demonstrate being a positive role model and mentor to children and their families
- Is able to provide safety, stability, and nurturance to children
- Has a strong sense of commitment and responsibility
Benefits of becoming a Foster Parent with Parker Personal Care Homes:
- Free CPR, First Aid and Initial Orientation Training for all foster You DO have a voice and a choice regarding who is placed in your home.
- Individualized support and assessments prior to placement to ensure the right match
- Free On-going training (required by the State of Colorado) for the maintenance of your foster care license
- On-call workers available to you at any time prior, during or following the placement of a child in your home. We are here to support you and the children in your home. You are not alone!
- Foster Parent Appreciation Events
- Reimbursement: Depends on Individual placed in home. * Has tenderness and genuine concern for children and their well-being
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must submit CBI, FBI, DMV & Child Abuse Registry background checks
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified or willing to become certified prior to licensure (offered FREE to you at the agency)
- Must complete the State of Colorado mandatory CORE training
- Must complete a SAFE home study with agency personnel